Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Leader/Class Teacher: Miss S Artus
PPA Teacher: Mrs K Morphew
Teaching Partner: Mrs S Lewis
Early Years education is the foundation upon which children build the rest of their lives and it encompasses all learning. We aim to build upon that which you so ably started before your child started school.
The Reception Class is part of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) where the children learn through play, engage in exciting hands-on experiences and develop a wealth of knowledge. We follow the curriculum as set out by the government covering the three Prime areas of learning: Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED), Communication and Language (CL) and Physical Development, and the Specific areas of learning: Literacy (L), Mathematics (M), Understanding the World (UW) and Expressive Arts & Design (EAD). All areas of learning are important at this stage and the planning and activities are based around this.
We aim to cover a range of topics, each focusing on particular Areas of Learning and Early Learning Goals. Our topics include, All About Me, Let’s Celebrate, A Seaside Adventure, Off We Go and Beanstalks and Butterflies.
The staff within the Reception class work closely together to ensure that the provision available to the children is well-resourced and planned in depth to maximise the learning of each individual in a safe and exciting environment. We hope you enjoy browsing through our gallery!
Highlights from the curriculum and events from last year can be found by following the link below:
Curriculum Information For Parents
- MTP Aut 1 2017.doc
- Topic Web Aut 1 2017 Superhero Me.pptx
- EYFS New Starters Curriculum Meeting 2017.pptx
- Autumn Term 1 Letter 2017.doc
- Handwriting Letter 2017.doc
- EYFS Autumn Term 1 Letter 2016.pdf
- EYFS Topic Web Aut 1 2016.pdf
- Early Years Aut 2 Topic Web 2016.pdf
- Early Years Autumn letter 2 2016.pdf
- Early Years Parent curriculum letter Spring 2017.pdf
- Early Years Spring 1 Topic Web 2017.pdf
- Early Years Topic Web Spring Term 2 2017 (web).pdf
- Parent Curriculum Letter Spring 2 2017 EY (web).pdf
- Reception 2016 Timetable.docx